The Perth club is now in its infancy and those golfers that are wanting a club of great camaraderie, the opportunity to play at various courses throughout the year and to help those less fortunate than ourselves, are urged to look at becoming a member of an organisation that is over 50 years old.
Responsibilities of a Nomad
Membership may be awarded at the discretion of the Executive Committee upon application of a proposer and a seconder both being members for at least one year except in the case of new clubs which have existed for less than two years. Any new proposed member of 18 years of age and over, will play as a visitor in the monthly meetings as a guest of a committee member, who on completion of the game will endorse the application for membership.
On no less than the fourth visit the proposed member shall be inducted into the club. Members are entitled to enter all meetings and annual competitions and are required to observe the Rules and Regulations of any club or course at which they may visit.
• A Member shall play in a minimum of 4 (four) monthly meetings during the Club's playing year. In the event of a Member failing to meet this obligation and at the discretion of the Executive Committee, he may be offered Associate Membership or his membership may be terminated.
• To agree to accept in their entirety and abide by the Nomads Rules of Play, Rules of Golf and the Rules of Amateur Status as laid down from time to time by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, Scotland.
• A Member more than two months in arrears with his subscription shall be sent a registered letter to the address registered with the Treasurer drawing attention to this fact. If after a lapse of two weeks such subscription remains unpaid, the Member shall be suspended by the Executive Committee.
• Should any Member, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, commit any wilful breach of the Constitution, Rules, Regulations or Bye-Laws of Nomads, or be guilty of improper, dishonest unsportsmanlike or unseemly conduct or of conduct which is prejudicial to the interests of Nomads, whether within the bounds of Nomads or outside then the Executive Committee shall have the power:
1. To expel such Member; or
2. To deprive such Member of all or any rights and advantages of their membership during such time or period as such Committee in its absolute discretion may deem fit and advisable; or
3. To call upon such Member in writing to resign and if he fails to resign within 7 (SEVEN) days of the date of such request to expel such Member; or
4. To reprimand such Member.
A member shall read and acquaint themselves with the Constitution and Rules of Play of the Nomads Golf Club. A full copy of both documents are available on the website www.nomadsgolfaustralia.com and, if he has no access to the internet, should request a copy from the Executive Committee.
Before you fill in the application form please read the membership process that must be followed before you will be considered for membership.