Nomads Golf Club Perth
Jack Newton Knockout Trophy and Plate 2020
Tournament has been cancelled for 2020.
This competition is an annual event, run during the playing year at dates to be determined by the JVC in consultation with the Captain and committee and, terminating with the Finals, which are be played at the Club’s annual Gold Cup meeting. (December 2020).
This is an individual Medal-Stableford event (ie. “normal” Nomad scoring) designed so you can play at a number of Nomads monthly games.
If you are unable to play your match during a monthly Nomads game, then with the agreement of the opponents, matches may be played at any other course at any time before the closing date of any round. The match must be played on a Nomads format and in accordance with the rules of the Knockout Competition.
There are TWO competitions, the 'Jack Newton Trophy and Jack Newton Plate'.
All first round 'losers' automatically go straight into the 'Plate' competition.
RULES OF PLAY
- Any full paid-up Member, in good standing, shall be eligible to participate, in partnership with any other Member of his own choice and by mutual agreement. A combined entry fee of $10 each ($20 per team) shall be payable upon entering. (Entry fees are utilised for prizes)
- Once a pairing has been arranged and entered, no substitution of partners shall be permitted if the pair have actually played a competitive round. (Note: If one player is unable to compete, the remaining player, plus combined handicap may play on his own)
- Upon closure of entries for the competition, a draw for the 1st round shall be made. A new draw shall be made for each subsequent round – 1st Round losers shall be drawn into the Plate competition for which a separate draw will be made.
- Players shall use their NOMADS handicap as published on the Draw-Sheet on the date of play.
- Any matches, in any round, which have not been played by the dates determined, shall be deemed to be in default. The defaulting pair shall be eliminated.
- In the event of scores being tied after 18 holes, the result will be determined on the Nomads count-back rules.